Meuse is filled with seemingly endless horizons. Our forests are vast, our hills dominate the countryside and our valleys are wide, dotted with lakes, rivers and streams. There’s plenty of space in Meuse, wherever you are !
So, what are you waiting for ? Come and recharge your batteries, far from the noise of the town, the madness of public transport and the stress that’s so bad for you !
You won’t be trying to hurry things along here ; you’ll be taking your time :
- Time to study the many different faces of the Meuse countryside with its valleys, hills, fields, vineyards and orchards ;
- Time to explore the areas of beautiful, unspoilt countryside that surprise even the best-informed, areas such as the Argonne Forest, the Meuse hills, and the Othain, Loison, Ornain and Saulx valleys ;
- Time to listen to the warbling of the birds in spring, the crowing of the cock in the morning, the buzzing of the bees as they gather nectar from the flowers in summer and the bellow of stags in autumn ;
- Time to drift along the waterways and see the finest examples of local heritage ;
- Time to get in touch with your inner being again as you follow the warm, musky scents of the trees and their resin, the strong but sweet fragrance of hay in the early summer sunshine and the lapping of the water on the banks of our rivers and lakes.
The velvety palettes of blues, yellow ochres and greens in the countryside will soothe and calm your soul whether you're driving, walking, cycling or riding.