A delightful hotel in the centre of the old town close to the cathedral, World Centre for Peace, underground citadel etc. Located in a quiet street, its rooms are spacious and well-appointed with king-size bed and single bed. There is also a lounge.
Enjoy a real breakfast (including local produce) served in the winter garden (conservatory).
The Hôtel de Montaulbain is part of Verdun's history and heritage. Backing onto the old walls of the Castrum, it was originally a private house belonging to Simon du Châtel before being purchased in 1388 by the town's magistrates. They turned it into the town hall and added the town bell. In those days, the cellars were used as a prison. In 1680, Louis XIV gave the house to France's first senior alderman. In 1738, the town council moved out of the mansion and into the town hall we see today.
There are several restaurants nearby. Car parking is available on the Henri II and Libération car parks, which are free from 7pm to 9am, as well as on Sundays and public holidays.