A green departement, the Meuse is ideal for a stay in a camper van.
The first French département to suggest a map showing parking areas for camper vans, the Meuse is positioning itself positively as a place where camper vans are welcome.
On this map, you will find all the essential information to make your stay a success. The contact details for the Tourist Offices, campsites and service areas, obviously, but also, particularly, details of a series of parking areas that qualify according to the following criteria for helping camper drivers:
- Heritage service areas, which you will find next to listed sites, those with a heritage label or which are particularly interesting or on an Explore the Heritage circuit.
- Family Service Areas that offer play areas set up for children.
- Nature Service Areas are close to a water course or in a woodland setting. They offer a viewpoint, an exceptional panorama or they are close to a botanical circuit etc
- Town and Village Service Areas are situated near to a town centre or shops, while offering maximum peace and quiet.
- Catering /Local Produce Service Areas, where you can park near to a restaurant, a shop selling local produce, a local producer, etc
- Leisure Service Areas are situated very close to a structure offering an activity (golf course, horse riding school, hiking route etc).
But wherever, you are guaranteed a flat, stable surface, in peace and quiet, where you will be welcome.
To take this even further, we are starting a Quality Control Initiative. So the service areas proposed will be checked by local camper drivers.
The active collaboration of all these local camper drivers offers a guarantee that we will pay special attention to providing for your requirements.
The Camper van map is available on request using the form.